Unique Story Telling via the Live Looping Live Cinema Workshop, suitable for all students, no musical experience needed.
Live Looping, Music Technology & Film Music Specialist Workshops with focus on Creativity for Instrumental Music Students.
All ages (4+), all abilities, unique experiences and outcomes tailored to your school curriculum.
*Recordings of live films / music compositions created by students in workshops will be available to school to use / keep.
SAMPLE VIDEO by 11 year old Isaac Tilley www.youtu.be/X7-swo3Z0GI
Live Looping Live Cinema Workshops
‘All’ Schools, ‘All’ Ages, ‘All’ Abilities
(no music skills needed)
For schools interested in integrated learning and cross department collaboration.
Blending art, technology, sound and story to create unique live short films on current or created themes.
At the end of each workshop, students will ‘perform’ and ‘record’ their short film. Schools will be given a copy to keep / use.
Multi Learning Area Group Workshop:
– Recommended limit of 20 participants per workshop
– Recommended duration of 60mins per workshop
– Longer durations available (i.e., full day or artist in residence) for schools wishing to incorporate multiple workshops to give more students the opportunity or single longer workshops with comprehensive outcomes (i.e., more student directed learning / engagement).
(as listed on the left column) A Live Looping Demonstration is recommended as an introduction to the Multi Learning Area Group Workshops. The demonstration can be given to a large audience of participants prior to engagement in the smaller group workshops. (i.e., one demonstration, multiple workshops)
Live Looping, Composition, Film Music
Demos & Workshops
(For Schools with Instrumental Music Programs)
“Live Looping is the layering of sound, live, using no prerecorded music whatsoever to create the impression of many”
Share in a passionately visceral performance by cellist / composer / live looper Kristin Rule.
Be mesmerized by the sensory delights of exquisitely woven cello layers, stunning imagery and sublime melodies.
Discover the art of Live Looping and be inspired by the creative possibilities of music technology.
30mins – General Audience (All Ages 4+)
45 – 60mins – Music Classroom & Instrumental Music Students (Secondary / Tertiary)
Reward your most enthusiastic instrumental music students with the opportunity to learn live looping techniques. See them immersed in the live compositional processes as they explore their own creativity through music technology.
Selected students will engage with cutting edge music technology and work together with their peer based audience to create and perform an original live looping composition with images (images opt, artwork by students opt)
Recommended duration between 20 – 45 mins per active participant with peer based audience (opt).
With instruments in hand, voices at the ready and music technology at foot, students will explore, create and structure an original music score with moving images that they can perform live at the end of the workshop.
A great way to get the creativity flowing whilst engaging students of all levels in the wonders of sound creation.
Group Workshop Options:
– Mixed Instrumental / Vocal group (limit of 20 participants)
– String Ensemble ie, violins, viola, celli, d’bass (unlimited participants)
– Recommended duration of 60mins or more
– Longer durations available (i.e., full day or artist in residence) for schools wishing to incorporate Ableton Live or Live Looping music technology into their curriculum.
ADDITIONAL WORKSHOP INFO & OPTIONS
Learn live looping using Ableton Live in a classroom environment. Students will need access to a computer with headphones and on-board microphone. Computers will need to have free demo version of Ableton Live Installed. Please contact Kristin direct for more detailed information.
Make an inexpensive foot pedal for live looping with Ableton Live using old USB or Bluetooth Keyboards (alphanumerical)
Duration 60 – 90mins
Kristin can guide your visual art students through the process of making themed animations and film clips for use in Live Looping Masterclass or Group Workshops.
Ableton Live (Live Looping)
Pro Tools (Film Scoring & Audio Recording)
Resolume Avenue (VJ software)
Adobe After Effects (Animation)
Adobe Premier Pro (Video Editing)
Workshop / Demo Requirements
– Workshop / Demonstration Space
– Access to space 60 mins pre start (bump in / soundcheck) and 30mins post finish (bump out).
– Two Powered Speakers or PA with XLR inputs (must be set up prior to bump in)
– Two XLR (mic) cables
– Safe Secure Place to Park Bicycle (currently on bicycle cello tour of SA, VIC, NSW)
** Optional – if Images are desired a Projector or alternative with HDMI input (Kristin to supply HDMI cable) or VGA (School to supply VGA cable)
$100 – Live Looping Demo (45mins)
$150 – Live Looping Demo & Workshop (90mins)
$275 – 1/2 day (3 hours)
$400 – full day (5 hours)
* Now accepting advanced bookings from Oct 2017 into 2018
**Travel and Accommodation costs may apply.
$400 – 1/2 day (3 hours of tailored demonstrations / workshops)
$600 – 1 full day (5 hours or tailored demonstrations / workshops)
$2000 – 5 full days (can be spit between schools in a given area)